Transform your coaching practice
With Lead Course Tutor Tom Bates
INTRODUCTION TO THE FUTURE COACH COURSE: £9.99 Includes Free Course Audio
Tom Bates is a Peak Performance Psychologist, UEFA A Licence Coach, author and speaker. Drawing on his pitchside and changing room experiences from behind the scenes in the Premier League and English Championship divisions Tom invites coaches to journey with him and turn optimism, energy and inspiration into positive performance outcomes and results!
- Learn the 9 key principles of sports psychology to transform performance
Understand key sport psychology theories
Understand how theory relates to real life athlete experiences
Helping You Achieve Coaching Success
Learn the 9 Key Principles of Sport Psychology
With Course Tutor Tom Bates
Learn how to apply sport psychology principles to performance
Understand how theory relates to real life athlete experiences
Understand key sport psychology theories
9 Key Lessons
The Introduction to Future Coach Course contains the 9 key principles of sport psychology
The Future Coach Forum
Join the discussion, ask questions and share your learning experiences with other coaches
Join The Future Coach community and benefit from joining coaching groups and TFC messaging
Benefit from exclusive bonus content and enjoy membership perks of The Future Coach Course
What you will learn on The Future Coach Course
Successful soccer coaches are constantly seeking new ways to learn, evolve, and improve. Very often, footballing success is defined by mindset, and the real winners are the coaches, players, and teams who enter the competitive arena best prepared mentally and emotionally. They can perform in the moment, under pressure. This is what you will learn with The Future Coach Course.
- Learn how to share your style of play for complete buy-in, on and off the field
- Create a team culture that fosters competitive excellence and mental toughness
- Understand the dynamics of how to create happier, healthier, winning teams
- Build positive and cohesive relationships based on mutual trust and authenticity
- Breed confident players who are driven to challenge themselves and each other
- Develop your own inspired leadership techniques to use with your players
By taking this course you will improve your understanding of the basic principles and theories of sport psychology. Not only will this course help you as a coach or student but it will also allow you to learn how these principles apply to the real sport environment.
When can I start the Introduction to The Future Coach Course ?
You can register for and take the course now for £9.99 and benefit from the free audio tracks that accompany the course.
How long is The Future Coach Course?
The course contains 9 lessons that will introduce you to the 9 key principles from The Future Coach
How much is The Introduction to The Future Coach Course?
This course is £9.99 and includes free audio tracks of Tom reading through each lesson with you.
What do I get from this?
You will learn the introduction to the 9 key sport psychology principles that will help you to transform your coaching practice. You will become part of The Future Coach Community with access to the exclusive The Future Coach forum and The Future Coach group system. You will also have access to exclusive benefits.
I'm in. What's the next step?
Register and take the course now.
In addition to elite level soccer experience, Tom’s work has extended into other professional sports working with GB Basketball, Swimming, Boxing, Rugby, Golf and Fencing. During the summer Olympic games of 2012 Tom worked with select GB athletes to maximise performance under pressure, engaging and applying Peak Performance principles based on the Science of Psychology.
The Future Coach Course Ambassadors
I was raised in Northern Ireland and come from a small nation that has historically over-performed within the international sporting arena.
Hard-work, determination, persistence, and a contagious belief that obstacles can be overcome are the key attributes that has allowed Northern Ireland to out-perform its more illustrious competitors.
They are the same attributes that allowed me to overcome the disappointment of injury as a young player and go on to establish myself as an internationally recognized performance coach, author and talent identification expert.
My success as a coach, and the success of the players that I have worked with has been built upon four pillars of success: skill + creativity + vision + passion!
These four pillars of success have helped develop athletes at the international level and now forms part of a unique coaching support program that I can now offer in training and preparing young North American players for opportunities in Europe.
- Founded and Established 1v1 Soccer as one of Canada’s leading private soccer academies
- North American Recruiter/Coach for Fleetwood Town FC
- Internationally recognized magazine contributor and blogger on talent identification, team performance & coaching development
- Former Toronto FC Academy Coach and Ontario Provincial Coach
- Master’s in performance Coaching at University of Stirling, Scotland
- UEFA A license
- Professional Football Scouting Association – Level 1 & 2 Talent Identification in Football
- NLP Sport & Performance Practitioner
- Master’s in Business Administration
Currently the head coach Developer and College Advisor for Cedar Stars Academy Girls, NJ, and the Technical Advisor for the NJ Wizards Women’s WPSL Team. Recent accomplishments include National Premier League National Championships, US Club Soccer National Championships, and multiple state championships. Steve has worked with the US Soccer National Training Centers, and USYS Region 1 Olympic Development Program, identifying players for US Youth National Teams. He has experience coaching at the NCAA Division I and III level. Steve, along with former Manchester United and Blackburn player, John Curtis, founded and operated the NYCSL Player Development Program before taking on the role as Director of Player and Coach Development for Virginia Rush SC. Steve is currently participating in the US Soccer Grassroots National Instructors License, and working for the New Jersey Youth Soccer State Association as a Coach Educator.
Licenses & Diplomas
- US Soccer A, B, C, D National Licenses
- USC Premier, Advanced National, National Diplomas
- USC Advanced Director of Coaching Certificate
- USC Director of Coaching Diploma
- US Soccer Grassroots License
- FIFA Medical Diploma – in progress
United Soccer Coaches Conventions
- Presented on the importance of understanding player maturation rates in player development – 2016
- Assisted FIFA Technical Advisor Laurent Papillon during on-field presentation on “Tactical Methods” – 2015
- Presented to NSCAA panel of experts on creating a Virtual Learning Environment – 2015
- Assisted Emma Hayes of Chelsea FC Ladies on-field presentation “Forward Touch, Forward Play, the Arsenal Way” – 2006
Current and Previous Coaching Experience
- Cedar Stars Academy Coach Developer & College Advisor
- US Soccer Coaching Instructor
- United Soccer Coaches – Coach Educator
- VA Rush Zone 2 Director of Coach and Player Development
- NY Rush Technical Director
- USYS Region I ODP Staff Coach
- NCAA DI & DIII Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- US Soccer National Training Center Staff Coach
- US Club Soccer PDP Staff Coach
- NYCSL Girls Director of Coaching
Chris is currently the Developmental Technical Director for Rush Soccer and Developmental Director of Coaching at Virginia Rush. He also has experience as a WI and VA Youth Soccer Coaching Education. Chris runs monthly Developmental webinars / calls with expert speakers and specialists. Chris also has served as MC at the Rushfest and also runs a free Developmental Camp with Rush staff and volunteers for siblings at Rushfest.
Prior to working for VA Rush, Chris held the Youth Director of Coaching Position at MYSC and now Wisconsin Rush. Chris holds UEFA “B” License, “Y” License, Premier Diploma, F.A. Preliminary Badge, as well as his USSF “C” License.
He has presented at previous USC Conventions, 2018 on Club Culture as part of a panel with Tom Goodman. He assisted FIFA Technical Advisor Laurent Papillion during an on-field presentation, “Tactical Methods,” and Tom Goodman “U10 Best Practices” on-field session. He presented at the 2015 Convention in Baltimore on “Advancing Too Soon” with Steve Davis. He was also recently mentioned in Bill Beswick’s best selling book “One Goal” and presentation in Baltimore for his coaching methods and behaviors. He also presented in January 2013 in Indianapolis on “Creating a Culture of Excellence”.
Chris is UK certified Physical Education Teacher. He has been with Rush since 2010 and has also been a part of the Select staff since then. Chris has coached since he was 17 and has coached all ages and abilities. Chris played collegiately at Solihull College of Technology where they won the National Championship in 1990, the equivalent of 4 state championships, 3 regional championships in his 4 years at the school. Chris was the recipient of the “Double Goal Coach” Award National winner from the Postive Coaching Alliance in 2016 along with Virginia Youth Boys Soccer Recreational Coach of the year.
Kathryn (Kat) Nichols was born and raised in Grapevine, Texas (outside of Dallas). She has been involved in soccer since the age of 4 when her playing career began. Coming up through the club and ODP system in North Texas, helped her follow her dreams of playing soccer in college. She attended Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama where she played all 4 years as a center back. After college, she began her coaching journey and has worked with many of the top level clubs in the Birmingham area over the last 14 years. She is currently serving as the Girls Director of Coaching and Girls College Liaison for Vestavia Hills Soccer Club. Kat is continuing to pursue top level coaching license. She currently holds her USSF C, USC (formally NSCAA) National Youth, Goal Keeping Level 1 and National coaching licenses.
“I worked with Tom during our time together at West Bromwich Albion FC and really enjoyed his ideas and work at the club. It is a testament to this that we have remained friends and he is always somebody I can rely on for sound guidance and advice. What gives Tom the edge is that he is a qualified coach, so had a great knowledge of elite performance alongside his psychology expertise.”
“I have always enjoyed discussing sports and education with Tom. His passion and eagerness to meet and know sportsmen is rather remarkable, providing the correct tools to empower and improve their resilience.”
“Tom is a true friend and professional whom I respect as one of the best in his field.”
Contact us if you have any questions:
Need help with Registration or Log in?
Detailed instructions for how to register and login to the course:
- Visit the course page and click the Login to Enroll button
- Click Register an Account
- Enter a Username (eg JohnD) in the Username box and your email address in the Email box – click Register button
- Fill out the Create Account form and click Complete Sign Up button
- “Check Your Email To Activate Your Account! You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address.”
- Open the Activate your account email
- Click the activation link in the email. This will take you to the Activate Your Account page on tombatescoaching.com
- Click the Activate button. This will take you to the Account Activated page.
- Click the Log in link and enter your username and password.
- To access the course, login to the course here
You must be logged in to post a comment.